- The DSWD is accepting applicants for its Social Pension Program
- Qualified applicants are senior citizens threescore years quondam together with inwards a higher house without SSS together with GSIS pensions
- Applicants must convey their senior citizen identification carte du jour together with certificate of indigency that tin move secured from the barangay where applicants live
H5N1 DSWD official said eligible to apply are the following:
- Senior citizens threescore years quondam together with above
- Senior citizens without pension from the Social Security System or SSS
- Senior Citizens without pension from the Government Service Insurance System
Lei Madeline Espiritusanto, DSWD Regional Information Officer, said applicants must convey amongst them their senior citizen identification carte du jour together with a certificate of indigency, which tin move secured from the barangay where the applicant resides, upon application for the program.
Espiritusanto said applicants volition move assessed yesteryear a social worker who volition endorse the application to a DSWD regional component for terminal approval.
If approved, the applicants volition move entitled to have P1,500 per quarter (equivalent to P500 monthly).
However, Espiritusanto clarified that qualified applicants volition non right away have the social pension. They volition move included inwards the DSWD pension waitlist outset because the funds for Social pension Program lead keep already been apportioned to the existing social pensioners.
“They volition await until such fourth dimension at that spot volition move replacement which happens yesteryear expiry or delisting of senior citizen pensioners,” she said.
Applicants tin submit their application documents through the City Social Welfare together with Development Office or at the Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs.